When you are in a car accident, it is important to ensure you have the legal
representation needed to investigate the case and stand in your corner as an advocate. Allen & Garrett strives to provide high-quality, tailored legal services that have established our firm as a premier personal injury practice. If you have suffered an injury following a car accident, our Oklahoma auto accident attorneys are ready to work for you.
Allen & Garrett offers aggressive and effective representation for a wide range of car accident suits that result in a personal injury. This includes not only automobile accidents but also trucking accidents. As experienced personal injury lawyers, we frequently take on automobile and trucking accident cases ranging from minor property damage to catastrophic injury or death. We can give you sound legal advice while guiding you through pursuing an injury claim.
What Steps Should You Take?
While a moment’s inattention can lead to catastrophic car damage, it is important to ensure that you know the proper steps to take once an accident has occurred. While your first instinct will likely be to rely on your insurance provider, preemptively taking this step can result in serious penalties that will raise your rates for years to come. In most cases, the following sequence of events should be followed:
- Stop Immediately – Once an accident occurs, it is important to move your
vehicle if possible so you aren’t impeding traffic or endangering yourself or
others. Once your car has been moved to a safe location, you may exit the
- Check for Injuries – After checking your own vehicle’s occupants for potential injuries, take the time to check on the other party involved. Many states require reasonable aid to be given if an injury has occurred unless it may cause further injuries.
- Contact the Police – When a car accident occurs, it is important to contact the police to obtain a police report if possible. Depending on the severity of the accident, the police may not be able to make it to the scene. However, this will allow you to ensure you attempted to receive one.
- Exchange Information – While you are not required to show your driver’s license, contact information or proof of insurance to the other party, it is important to take both the name of the driver and passengers, the vehicle’s make, model and license plate number, the car owner’s name if not the driver and their insurance information.
- Take Pictures – It is important to ensure that you take as many pictures as possible from the scene to gather clear evidence of what happened. This includes not only damages to the vehicles, but also skid marks or other signs that an accident has occurred.
If an injury has occurred or you are concerned about dealing with your insurance provider, it is important to immediately seek legal representation before attempting to file a claim. Allen & Garrett can help handle negotiations with the insurance company, prove injury liability, evaluate the extent of your injuries, negotiate for a fair settlement or help file a personal injury lawsuit. This ensures that your legal rights are protected and you aren’t responsible for the negligence of another driver.
Why Allen & Garrett for Car Accidents?
If you have suffered an injury as a result of another’s negligence or wrongdoing, contact us at (800) 409-1915. Our office serves Broken Arrow, Jenks, Owasso and all neighboring communities. We also have offices in Muskogee and Memphis, Tennessee that are waiting for your call.